What is a website manager?
A website manager do daily maintenance and administration of an organization’s website. They perform a range of IT and website development tasks to ensure organization’s website is always functional. They often watch out for security issues and troubleshoot without their capacity to resolve long list of website and server performance issues. Website managers ensure the website has accurate and current domain and hosting information to prevent potential downtimes and lost of revenues.
Website managers are responsible for managing all aspects of a website. For example we may say, they may manage blog posts & contents, images, comments, videos and pages. They may also assist with creating new content for the website or auditing its existing content to identify areas of improvement. Website managers often help with SEO, search engine optimization efforts to promote the website’s presence to increase & maintain website traffic.
What does a website manager do?
Websites manager covers a wide range of responsibilities, common works for a website manager includes –
- Keep website & server running smoothly and watch out for any disturbance.
- Customize the website according to the organization’s demand, brand, strategy and standard.
- Assist with social media campaigns and other marketing efforts.
- Complete tests to ensure website efficiency and quality.
- Create strategies to improve website traffic.
- Ensure the website complies with the appropriate laws and regulations.
- Research competitors & Keywords.
- Follow best practices.
- Study & Identify ways to improve user experience.
- Implement security measures to protect websites.
- Monitor for website security breaches and respond accordingly.
- Keep the website’s domain and hosting registration current and notify the client.
- Manage Marketing and search engine optimization campaigns.
- Manage, monitor and update websites for organizations.
- Produce sitemaps & Submit them to search engines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve website issues.
- Update & Upgrade website & server when they are released.
- Audit contents and remove duplicate information.
Requirements to become a website manager
Technical skills list
Being a website manager requires an excellent knowledge of various aspects of technology and computers. They may use these skills to manage, troubleshoot and resolve website problems. It’s important for them to have experience with:
Content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, Magento 2 etc.
Intrusion detection systems (IDS).
Intrusion prevention systems (IPS).
- Proper Knowledge about Speed Optimization following Google Standards.
User experience (UX).
Read more from Smartupworld
Smartupworld is a small, family run web development company situated in Bangladesh.
We have been providing web development services since 2016 on various platforms. We have clients all around the globe. Most of our client prefers monthly management services so we started focusing on it. We handle website & server for our clients on the most affordable price.
We build and manage websites powered by Magento 2 Ecommerce and WordPress. If you have or need a store, and need someone to develop / manage the site and server, you can hire us on a monthly basis, on contract, or on hourly.
Find us on Freelancer
Al-Mahbub K. Profile
Find us on Fiverr
Al-Mahbub K. Profile