Finding an ideal place of stay and alongside, planning a moving journey that is going to be successful takes nerve and some workable moving ideas. Though you also need a proficient moving crew, like Agarwal Packers that can support you with the hectic packing and moving jobs but primarily, if you mind a few things we are sharing here with you, moving in and settling down is never a problem.
Here they go:
1. Finalize new house – The first thing to confirm is the agreement of your new house that you have been looking out for. You should quickly speak to the new landlord and fulfill all the important documentation required before you move in. Also, make sure you inspect the house, visit the locality and explore things the city offers you so you can have a comfortable move. Keep in touch with the landlord.
2. Fulfill documentation – Relocations involve a lot of paperwork that begins right from the time you start planning and working towards it. Also, the personal identity papers that one has to keep ready all the time whenever there is a legitimate matter happening like relocation. So, make sure you are taking care of your paperwork and also keeping photocopies of the key documents, and also saving them on your phone to access virtually.
3. Prepare checklist – Any big project requires one to keep a checklist or a planner that can assist them for the rest of the journey. This checklist is more like an agenda that one has to monitor when they are planning a move. While preparing it, make sure you are adding to it every crucial task or thing that your mind memorizes for the move. Tick mark on the entries once the task gets done.
4. Research a move deal – You should also keep an eye on the moving preparations alongside doing your paperwork and stuff. Book a moving company that is genuine and has budget-friendly moving deals. A bit of negotiation for the rates will also help you to grab a sensible moving deal. While you explore moving options, always do a background check and go through every detail mentioned on the company’s website.
5. Don’t hesitate to ask – It is quite usual for you to have concerns and qualms when you are planning a move. All the while you are browsing moving options and shortlisting a few out of them, you will come up with things that you would want to clarify with the professionals. Do not be reluctant and just note down your questions and things that you want to inquire about the movers when they come over to discuss.
6. Always compare – If at any point you are feeling something is not right and that you want to reconsider your options, go for it. Give yourself some time so you can decide whether you are making a worthwhile move with your choice. Do not forget to compare not just before but until the moment your deal gets finalized. Remember, a hassle-free move is also about how efficiently you move keeping in mind your finances.
7. Take charge to pack – We know you have shortlisted the experts from Agarwal Packers and Movers for your relocation assignment but you must attend your packing tasks on your end as well. There will not be just one but an entire household for you to pack and move, and packing some goods on your end shall be a huge relief because you will be able to do it at your best.
8. Always stay connected – Staying in touch with your movers to keep track of your move, with your colleagues to know the status of your workplace and with your friends, relatives, and family members will help you to facilitate your move especially if they are involved in your move in some way or the other. Colleagues will help you with the office scenario; friends with who you have assigned some moving tasks will keep you informed of the position of the tasks, etc.
9. Prioritize a few cartons – For a seamless, hassle-free move, you need to sort out your post-move days and plan for that period (the first few days or the first week) in advance. The best you can do is you can prepare a few cartons with stuff that you will need right after the move – which could be the cleaning supplies, the bedding materials, extra clothes, kitchen supplies, and snacks, etc.
10. Map moving journey – We often do not realize but the route we take on our moving day is something that must be planned ahead of the journey. Though the movers take care of it in all ways if you want a certain route for your journey, you can speak to the movers for that and they will take care of it. If you are moving in the monsoons or during the weekends when the roads are jam-packed.
11. Check your finances – After you have finally moved in, have a look at your finances and calculate how much you have spent on the relocation assignment. Keep the receipts and all the important documents you prepared for the move back in place when you are organizing your new home so the next time you need them, they are in place. Throughout the move, you must ensure you are not overspending and going sensibly.
12. Settle in and enjoy – Relocations are never simple. They are hectic and tiring. But with professional support, everything seems to fall in place – from safe packing and movement of goods to their shipment, unloading, and re-arrangement, the whole thing appears like a breeze. So when the movers have done all of that for you, just breathe easy and have a good time in your new home before you get into the chaotic unpacking jobs.
With Agarwal Movers and Packers, every move conducted is flawless and organized. At every step, you are guided and informed of the moving guidelines so that nothing falls out during the journey.
So, the next time you have a moving assignment on your mind; do not miss out to check the advice shared above.